Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Suitcase

There is a suitcase sitting on our bedroom floor.  It pretty much stays there all the time because my husband travels so much.

The suitcase reminds me that he will have to leave again.  Seems like while he is home we pretty much live with the "Only ___ days until you leave again." attitude.  When he is away, we live with the "Only ___ days until you get home" attitude.

Neither way is reminding me to cherish the moments that are now. 

 I am choosing now to look at the suitcase and be reminded  that we may not have many days until he is away, but I will be thankful for the time we have while he is home. 

 I will be reminded that I need to show him each day that I love and honor him, and that I am happy he chose me to be his wife. 

I am choosing now to let the suitcase remind me that God is in control of the amount of days we have together and I will be content with that and not think about the past or the present but the now.

No comments:

Post a Comment