Friday, September 30, 2011

Adoption?

If you don't know, my husband have been trying to have another baby for almost 3 years now.  You can read more about that here.  Before I came to a place where I laid all my frustrations and struggles with this issue at HIS FEET, I had thought maybe we should adopt.  After, I laid all my burdens down before Him and went about seeking God's will for me, I realized that this was just me trying to control the situation and get a baby. 


Recently, I have been following some pretty inspiring blogs about adoption.  Like this one and this one.  And, being curious I have been searching through the pictures of the children up for adoption in my area.  I found out that many of them have medical needs that I don't know if I could handle - I don't do well with blood and medical stuff.  Then, I came across a little girl that I have had interaction with and she does have a few medical issues.  I could picture her in our family.  It makes a difference when you look at the pictures as children who need homes and are children and not just a face with a medical issue.


In my prayer time, I asked God if this is something He would have our family do?  He has begun to move on my heart, but I know it isn't the right time because The Lord hasn't moved on my husbands heart yet.  I know that if it is something God wants us to do, He will place it on both of our hearts and make a way for it.  I just want God to know that I am willing to be used however He sees best.

No comments:

Post a Comment