Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remember

I remember exactly where I was 10 years ago today. 

I was engaged to Mark and he was deployed with the US Navy to Italy. 

I was teaching at a school in Jacksonville, FL.  Our secretary came into my classroom, in the middle of a lesson and said, "I guess your fiance' will be going to war now."  Since, I hadn't seen or heard anything being in a class full of 1st graders, this statement had me totally confused.  She then went on to explain what had happened. 

My intial reaction was one of fear and shock - like many others. 

Today, I want to remember all those who were involved - praying for families who lost loved ones and praying even for those involved. 

But, the thing I want to remember most is that the God I serve is in control - no matter how bad things may seem or how confusing things are or how much they don't make sense - He's got the whole world in His Hands!  I want to remember to trust in Jesus - my Savior, my Redeemer, my Rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment