Sunday, June 5, 2011

Blueberries

A few days ago, some friends and I took our children blueberry picking.  My daughter and I went last year and the blueberries we picked lasted us a good 9 months, so I was excited to go back and do the same thing this year.  It was very warm outside by the time we made it to the farm (here in Texas it gets like that :) )  so I think all of us moms had similar thoughts - lets just pick the blueberries, fill our buckets, and get to where the a/c is.


Our children, on the other hand, had different ideas.  They wanted to eat the blueberries and run in and around the rows.  As moms, we kept saying, "Don't eat them, pick them."  But, how could we expect them to resist the temptation of eating a delicious blueberry that was right in front of their face?  Could I resist a temptation like that?





Were they wrong? I don't think so....

The moms knew we were trying to prepare for the future, have blueberries to eat for later.

The children were enjoying the experience, enjoying what God had provided at the moment. 



I know I can learn from the children and remember to stop and enjoy the moments we are given at the time.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like y'all had a great time. Children are so good at teaching us the importance of just enjoying the moment; looks like y'all had many moments to enjoy :)

    Emily

    ReplyDelete