Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Setting an Example



I've tried various methods of cleaning my house, but the one that seems to work the best for me now is this:


Monday - laundry (all), general cleaning from the weekend
Tuesday - Bathrooms and gather trash
Wednesday - Dust
Thursday - vacuume and mop and laundry (just clothes)
Friday - catch up day - grocery shopping


I am thankful that I have a husband who isn't overly concerned with whether the dishes get washed each day or if the floors got mopped that week because sometimes I am really slack in my household chores.  The thing I have realized lately though, is that I am setting an example for my daughter, not only with what I am doing, but with the attitude I do it with. She has started commenting on the fact that I need to do ALL those dishes in the sink.  I usually reluctantly say, "I know, I know, I'll do them soon" 

If I want her to do her jobs the right way, all the way and in a nice way - then I need to do mine that way as well.


Lilly's Jobs:
 
Clearing and setting the table.
Wiping the table.








Moving the trash can to the back after the trash man comes.






Putting the silverware away.




Folding the wash cloths.


So, as I learned in the Frazzled Female study this past semester, I will make a list of the things I think need to be done that day and pray over it.  If it isn't important to God that I get it done then I pray He will let me know so that I only do what He wants me to that day.  All the rest, I pray He will allow me to do with a cheerful heart.

1 comment:

  1. I truly love your little helper. You are setting such a great example for her.

    Emily

    ReplyDelete