Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Need Ideas

Okay, I need some advice from anybody who has potty trained a child.  My daughter is fully potty trained during the day, but night time is a whole different story.  I put her in a pull-up at night so that she can go potty when she needs to, but she wakes up soaking wet each morning.  A lot of mornings, it is even soaked through to the sheets and I have to change them.  I do give her a sippy cup of water that she usually empties by morning...I'm pretty sure I need to stop giving it to her, but I have tried and it is like when we took away her binky - she cries and cries. 

Any ideas?  thoughts? 

1 comment:

  1. A few thoughts... I find it hard when my children are thirsty at nights, but I've found that the less they drink the kinder it is on them - sometimes you have to do something that is hard to be kinder to a child... I allow my children to have just a sip of water if they are thirsty at nights, but they have to come and ask me for it - that means I can keep track of how much they are drinking.

    Secondly, I use products from here (http://www.brollysheets.com/) to make bed-wetting a LOT more pleasant for myself to deal with. It's a product from NZ, but you might be able to find something similar locally if you don't want to order from that site. Once I had the brolly sheet on the bed (I have a mattress protector on too, in case my child doesn't lie still!), I stopped putting my son in pull-ups. Lying in a wet bed makes a child wake up - it is not a pleasant experience, and they will learn to get up instead of wetting in bed if the consequences are not nice. It might not sound great, but I have found it works.
    :)

    ReplyDelete